Tuesday 25 December 2018

๐Ÿ’ฆ December, 25


1966.
๐Ÿ’ฆ Noel’s 21st Birthday.

Kathy Etchingham: Christmas Day 1966 at Montagu Square, London. I had just given Jimi a pair of socks (a traditional British gift) as a Christmas present and he seemed somewhat surprised by this! It's a nice photo of Jimi.

1967.
๐Ÿ’ฆ Transmission of the JHE performing “Purple Haze” on ‘Top Of The Pops ‘67’ (BBC1 TV, between 14.05 and 15.00), tele-recorded on 16 December 1967.

London, Jimi’s flat - Due to Kathy Etchingham’s “limited cooking skills” Jimi was treated to a Christmas dinner consisting of “egg and chips”.

London - Jimi turns up in the evening for a party at Noel’s house, who’s celebrating his 22nd birthday, and stays until the early morning hours.

Noel: “Dropped acid on my 22nd birthday, [...] I found my trips were changing. First I lost my memory while up, and then the bad trips started. I couldn’t forget these, no matter how hard I tried. Gone were the days when we would play around, tossing energy and thoughts to each other like kids having a pillow fight. It was hard to even get coherent, because we weren’t leaving any time between trips to sort ourselves out. Only when we were working did I feel whole.”

1968.
๐Ÿ’ฆ No News…

1969.
๐Ÿ’ฆ No News…

๐Ÿ’ฆ Born on this day
Noel Redding
https://youtu.be/YtmZw33e9Do

๐Ÿ’ฆ Gone to Rock ‘n’ Roll Heaven
James Brown
I feel good: https://youtu.be/SzlpTRNIAvc






No comments:

Post a Comment