Sunday 30 September 2018

🚗 September, 30


1966.
🚗 Noel returned to the Birdland, but there was no one there, so he went to the ANIM offices, 39 Gerrard Street, London W1, where Michael Jeffery offered him the job as bass guitarist.

Noel: “On the 30th I turned up again as requested and no one was there. Panic! I’d been given the Anim Ltd. office address on Gerrard Street. I literally ran there, and did a quick hype on the first person I saw. It was Michael Jeffery, Chas’ partner and the Animal’s manager. He just said, “ ‘It’s okay. You got the audition. Move to London.’ I nearly fainted with relief. I’d been too depressed to allow myself to get excited before then.”

“…suddenly we had a gig. A tour even… - and we didn’t even have a drummer.
…We jammed drummer less for a few days while we checked out various drummers. This was good because we got to know each other a bit and learned to understand each other’s guitar style without immediately having to incorporate a third musician. I was enjoying experimenting on bass. Never having played one before was very liberating in its way.”

↪ Chas tells Eric Clapton about Jimi: “I bumped into Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce at the Cromwellian Club, who had just formed the Cream at the time, and told them about this guy who I’d brought from America. They said I had to bring him down to the Regent Polytechnic, because Cream were playing there the next night.”

1967.
🚗 BBC 'Radio One' starts it's first transmission in England.

↪ Jimi is interviewed by Pamela Townsend of Fab 208 magazine.

Jimi: Ever since I can remember, I have been moody. I can't help isolating myself from the world. Sometimes I just want to be left alone. People think I'm funny. I'm sorry. I can't help it.

1968.
🚗 No News…

1969.
🚗 No News…

🚗 Born on this day
Franklin Joseph "Frankie" Lymon (Sep 30, 1942 – Feb 27, 1968)
Goody Goody 1958 Live: https://youtu.be/kld4z6ZgyHc

Marc Bolan (Sep 30 1947 – Sep 16 1977)
Get It On: https://youtu.be/XNkwe86LY6Q


No comments:

Post a Comment